Want to improve your stroke technique, strength and speed? We have collected the best SUP Training resources. Here is an overview.
SUP Training with Annabel Anderson
Want to increase your SUP strength and flexibility? Looking for some workouts to do before, after or in between paddles? Want to get a dream body?
Annabel Anderson (formerly Starboard, now Lahui Kai) has been the worlds fastest female paddler for almost 5 years now. Below she reveals her best exercises on www.sup-guide.com. The can easily be done from home, all you need is your body weight and a paddle. The exercises might look easy, but they are really tough and effective. Look at the videos and you will know why Annabel is so fast!
The videos were shot right after Annabel’s victory in the London Boat Show Indoor SUP sprint challenge. So please excuse the chaotic setting, we decided to prioritize the quality of the exercises over high-end production.
We have grouped the SUP Training exercises into 3 areas:
- Warm-Up: best exercises to be done before paddling
- Flexibility and Mobility: best done after paddling
- Strength: Increase your sup fitness and strength on those days in between paddles
SUP Training – Paddle Faster Articles
- SUP Paddle Technique – Best Tips collected over the years
- Paddle Technique with Jim Terrel – The absolute must-read
- Danny Ching’s Fastest Paddler on Earth run at Lost Mills – Video
- SUP Racing Tips from the Pros
- How to choose the best SUP Race fin
- SUP Yoga
- TRX for SUP Training
SUP Training – Books
- How to Increase Your Stand Up Paddling Performance by Suzi Cooney of Suzi trains Maui
- SUP Training the smart way