Hennessey’s and the World Paddle Association proudly announce the 2012 World SUP/Paddle Championships to be held in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on November 3 & 4, 2012.
- Finish in the top 30% of your board division at the 2011 Hennessey’s-WPA World Championships (Championship race only).
- Finish in the top 30% of your board division at the 2011 Hennessey’s-WPA U.S. Paddle Championships (Long course only).
- Qualify for a Regional Championship in 2012 by finishing in the top 50% of your board division and or ranking age divisions (see rule 15) in a WPA regional series in 2012.
- Finish in the top 20% of your board division at a “WPA National Race” in 2011. (must be a ranked division and have a minimum of 5 participants)
- Finished in the top 20% of the selected international events to be announced.
- The WPA and Hennessey’s reserves the right to hold spots open to invite selected paddlers to participate in the 2012 Hennessey’s WPA World Championship race that may not have access or the ability to participate in any or limited points races and events listed.
- All qualifying spots will be determined from a person’s highest qualifying option as listed 1 – 6. If a person qualifies from option 1 and option 2 their spot in option 2 would be passed to the next person not qualified and so on.
- Participants do not need to be current WPA member if you have qualified under options 1 & 2.