The 2012 Paddle around the Pier Maritime SUP Marathon will take place on the weekend of July 7th. UPDATED INFO!
It is within the biggester watersports festival in beautiful Brighton, UK. Last years event was great, perfect weather, great people, me and Annabel staying in a Campervan named “Chrysal” as in “Carrington” right on the beach, thanks to Brightonwatersports. Don’t miss this great race!
- This is a race of 26 miles, 365 yards.
- Set over a triangular course (13 miles, 2 circuits) with last leg downwind.
- Experienced Paddlers only and all entrants will be vetted.
- Individual and team prizes, 12’6 and open categories.
- Safety boats and GPS tags already set up.
- Part of the Paddle Round the Pier festival which is an amazing weekend, the largest paddle festival in Europe.
- Details of entry and sponsorship requirements from Paul Clarke email@example.com
Here are some impressions from last year’s event:
And here is an interview with Annabel Anderson after the 2011 race: