The Nautic SUP Crossing Paris is a very special race. Yes, you have to get up really early and the logistics are complex. But the reward is paddling on river Seine, which is normally strictly prohibited and passing all the major sights like Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Centre Pompidou on a SUP. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The 2011 Race was a huge success, the report is here.
There will again be a SUP Race in 2012, the date is the weekend of December 8/9.
Some learnings on the logistics from the 2011 race:
- 2011 year the competition was limited to 100 riders, so early registration was a must to secure a spot.
- Hotels in Paris are expensive, but you can safely park your van on the parking lot of the Salon Nautique Expo fair ground
- It’s a downstream paddle on a river, choosing the right route is essential
- The indoor slalom race was on fun boards which were provided. You might want to bring board shorts and lycra for the indoor race.
News for 12’6:
- Board Class Pro Division: 12’6″.
- minimum of 2 riders per car
- mandatory briefing at 18:00 on Saturday
Registration is open now!: