The German Surfboard & SUP Paddlerace Championships will take place in Cologne on the weekend of June 23&24 – Updated Info can be found here: http://dspm.info/
This year’s motto will be “the weather can’t be worse than in 2011”. We are confident that the weekend of June 23&24 will be warm and sunny. Aside from the Racing there will be a party and an outdoor festivals, for racers from further away can park their vans in the designated camping&chillout area.
The event will take place at Blackfoot Beach, Cologne http://www.blackfoot-beach.de/
- Shortboard 5.0 — 6.10 “( 200 m )
- Minimalibu 7.0 — 8.10 ” ( 200 m )
- Longboard 9.0 – 10.0 ” ( 200 m )
- Stand UP ( SUP ) Paddle Race ( 1000 m ), Fun Class up to 11’6 and race class bis 14′
- Stand UP ( SUP ) Paddle Longdistance Race, Fun Class up to 11’6 and race class bis 14′
- Relay Race for Teams and Clubs (800 m – 4 x 200 m)
There will be Heats of 3 (Open round) and 4 (main field) in a knock out format, the best 2 will advance. The heats will be drawn. Leash is mandatory. No Paddleboards, Surfskis or Life Saving Planks and no Paddling Gloves are allowed.
The event on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/182845901843822/192587954202950
On Monday, 25th, there will be a paddle perfection race clinic with Eric Terrien and Belar Diaz at Blackfoot Beach, Cologne 10.00 AM. More info email@example.com