“Garbi” in Euskera, the Basque Language means: Clean ; ”Ibai“= River and “Bai” = Yes. GARBIBAI URUMEA GONDOLIN RACE is the first stand up paddle race in the world where people will clean as fast as they can the Urumea river.
- Promote the sport of SUP, accessible to all ages and adaptable to different aquatic environments.
- Claiming the river Urumea as a natural area, rich and diverse that can be enjoyed in different ways while respected and cared.
- Prioritize ecologically sensitivity and sustainable actions in the sense that all human activity affecting nature is not only damaging, and may also work on its improvement.
- Promoting a playful encounter between people who love sports and nature from different places and cultures, in which competition is not a mail goal but a way to inter relate positively.
- May 13, 2012.
- Log Time 9.00.
- Race start 10.30
- Time limit to complete the race 12.30
- Urumea River, Donostia/San Sebastian Basque Country.
- By teams: 5 participants per club. If more each club may have two teams. Or ask us how to proceed via email: email@example.com
- Each club/team have to coordinate the arrival at 9am to the 5º bridge. All the equipment has to be deposited there. After that the participants will drive up the river to the end of the race parking. Dress themselves for the race and will be taken back to the beggining of the race by a bus of the organization.
- Once finished the race, the participants will have a dressing room and showers very close to the finish line.
- How → Participating conditions
- 5 participants per team. Or ask how to organization firstname.lastname@example.org
- On may 4th. we will upload all the relation of team participants and awards in our website: gondolingipuzkoa.com . Last date of registration: Wednesday May 2nd.
- Registration and participation quote: 20 € for each participant. This includes: Inscription, insurance for the race, transport, souvenir for all participants and lunch.
- The raised money will be used as a collaboration with Gondolin
More upcoming SUP Races: http://www.sup-guide.com/index.php/upcoming-sup-events-races